Saturday, October 07, 2006

Upset

I always wonder how much the readership of my blog is. Not a bad thing to have for a burgeoning writer (yeah, that's me...). Recently I re-enabled the web counter which I had disabled sometime ago due to some technical reasons. Whenever I make a new post I send out a mail to my friends requesting them to read and comment it. Most of them read it; some of them comment it and few of them send mails to me with their comments.

There is this good old friend of mine who never commented nor sent any mail commenting it but I constantly make my request & nag him to read my blog. I was wondering whether he really reads it or not as he never commented about it. I wanted to know his comments very badly because we go a long way, he knows me very well and he had been a great moral support during my ups & downs. We spend hours talking about books. He is a voracious reader. He introduced me the authors like P.G.Wodehouse. One day, he casually commented that he would read my blog only if his name was mentioned in my posts. After a few days I sent him a note saying that he could find his name in my blog. I lied. I lied because of a stupid avidity wanting to make him read my blog and to know his opinion. He did read it and found that I had lied. He is now pretty mad at me and neither answering nor returning my calls. That has made me pretty upset.

This post is to make my open apology to my dear friend Venki.

Venki, sorry for what I did.

1 comment:

Muse said...

ahh sad!! I hope things got better with Venki..