Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shhh....it's that time again...!!!

"It has started with a tough match this time"

"I am sure that India will be in finals"

"Looks like Srilanka is not in form"

"Tendulkar has always been scoring well in the world cups"

“Seeni, are you not leaving to watch the match...?!"

“Gavaskar was the best batsman ever"

These are some of the conversations I overheard just today alone in my office.

Even my friend siva who always writes some serious stuffs has written a fiction on street criket.

Shhh...it's that time again....!!!

With my great (!) interest on Cricket, I think I am gonna feel lonely when people around me talk about cricket.

Someone please tell me when is the world cup getting over?

8 comments:

Sarangan said...

Anna,
I share your feelings. Yesterday(First Day of World Cup),my Project Mate (A girl. Thats really my bad luck) told I want to go and watch the match.

I asked "What match????". She saw me as if I am an alien Creature. (Just think of that Look from a girl) She told "World Cup. Don't you know that?"

What would I say? "Ah..h... Just got busy with Project related (Ithuthan Filtered Poi) stuff...Hi..Hi..."ESCAPE

Seenivasan said...

Sarang -

Similar happened to me when my project mate (not a girl though) standing 20 feet away asked me loudly 'are you not leaving to watch the match?' I asked 'what match?'.
I think people around me thought that I have good humour sense. They dont seem to know my interest in cricket. :)

Arasan said...

Yeah Seeni you are greats batsman, you are the only guy who scored a boundary against the match with Mr DSP in Hostel Day :)-

Seenivasan said...

Arasa, I think it was a sixer.

I also remember that that was the first ball and in the next ball I was out. That's the case whenever I play cricket. In either first ball or second ball (if the first ball was wide) I would be out.

That great a batsman I am.

Siva said...

"Gavaskar was the best basman ever" ... LOL

that shows how much you love cricket :-).

BTW, that was a four against Mr.DSP.

Seenivasan said...

Siva,

"Gavaskar was the best basman ever"
- that was a conversation I overheard in my office. Not mine.

I have not seen Gavaskar's bating ever.

OVER-the-TOP said...

Yeah Man...quite disturbed often by the cricket freaks around me...and I had to pay immediately to share getting a T.V so that my room mate wishes not to miss worldcup..and you could guess why the hell he has to pay for something which he is not interested??? Simple...As you label a blog..I would label this comment as Adjustments

Seenivasan said...

Ramesh -

Life is full of compromises. :)

Welcome back. It's been a long time.