Sunday, June 03, 2007

(Unf)air Deccan

I conceive a novel idea. Give my flesh & blood to execute that idea and start a business. In a few years I go public and make a good deal of money (!). During a lean period when I need a lot of cash to pay off my debt, a fat man expresses his interest in taking over my business and takes it over. Though I would still be part of the management, things won’t be the same any more. How would I feel?

Read Vijay Mallya’s Air Deccan take over from here.

With the low cost and premier airlines under his wings now with 33% of market share, which is more than Jet-Sahara (31.5%) & Indian (21.9%), and rights to fly overseas just around the corner, Vijay Mallya has stroke a great business deal.

Looks like Vijay Mallya has announced that the Air Deccan’s ticket fares would slightly go up while maintaining the low cost identity.

Do you think as a business man Capt.Gopinath is a failure?

4 comments:

Baranidharan said...

Part of cycle. Steve jobs was also taken away from Apple.

Arasan said...

Corporate World la ithellam sagajamappa

Seenivasan said...

Yep. Part of the game.

Seenivasan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.