Wednesday, September 05, 2007

That Book Shop...!!!

To that book shop I have gone by train, gone by borrowed bike from friends, gone along with my friends in their bikes and gone by my own bike. Half of the books in my shelf were bought at that book shop. On my every visit I would easily spend Rs.300 to grab 5 or 6 good books after a bit of bargain.

Yesterday I went to that same old book shop after more than two years by my car. Still the guy who sells (owns) in that small road side bookshop in the central railway station near car parking lot has not changed. He could recognize me even after a long time. He would always go something like this to sell his stuffs. "Sir 'Direct from Dell' a good one sir; 'Winning' is very hot you can't find in other shops; 'Argumentative Indian' is noble prize winner's book sir, a must read one". Yesterday I didn't bargain much. I offered almost what he quoted. May be I was influenced by the observation that his life has not changed a lot over time.

After all, economic growth & stability is not just a function of time.
Note: When you are around central station visit this guy's bookshop to buy some. Quote my name for special discounts. His name is Sadhique.

6 comments:

Baranidharan said...

Is this illegal reprint of the originals???

Seenivasan said...

no comments

Baranidharan said...

Got it :-)

Siva said...

Argumentative Indian in the road side bookshop ? Does it sell ? Seems like wrong choice for a road side shop.

BTW, I went looking for my favorite shop in M.G rd, Bangalore. It was no where to be found. May be the cops in chennai are a bit lenient.

Seenivasan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seenivasan said...

Leave out books siva. You should look at the CD shops to learn how lenient cops are in chennai.

Did you read Argumentative Indian?