Monday, September 07, 2009

Who is liable?

Need judicial opinion on a situation.

There was a theft incident in the house that I am residing. INR 2000 worth of iron cover for man hole was stolen by some low life creatures. Moral dilemma is who is liable to replace this?

Is it the owner because he did not see this as a risk and secure the iron cover properly?

or is it me because I am residing in the house and am responsible for all the items that were provided in the house when I rented?

Don't suggest to get that low life creature. You know I can't.

2 comments:

Arasan said...

Hard to say...

But If I am a Rentee then I will make Renter Liable.

(How about Rental insurance ??)

Arjun Seenivasan said...

There is no rental insurance.

I am still confused as to who is liable. someone pls help.