Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A-Rush

Today is a significant day in my life.

I have kicked off 3 new projects today with a team sized 24, my highest ever.

24 is a mix of people from 0 to 6 yrs of experience, with 0 being the major part of the pie.Above this, I am supposed to run the show with 75% of staffing. hmmm.....that's interesting.

This is going to be one of the most challenging assignments that I have undertaken.

Whenever I start off with doing something 'big' or 'new' or 'tough' or 'many-eyes-watching-it' kinda work, I would feel an
adrenaline rush in me.

Speaking of adrenaline rush, the first time I felt the A-Rush quite frequently was when I was doing my first year under grad.
That's a very nice, pleasant & embarrassing feeling to recall now. Like all normal adolescent boys in college, I also liked talking to girls. Poor me, never had experience in interacting with girls much in my school days. I used(!) to be very shy and self-conscious about talking to a girl, I think a lot about what she would think about me, if I talked to her. I used to rehearse a few times myeslf before spitting the words out. Even then I would stammer a lot. Ad-libbing? Definitely not my cup of tea. The time I start rehearsing to the time I complete with spitting it out is the A-Rush period. I am a dead meat, when it comes to conversing with girls in english. Double the rehearsals, double the stammering, double the A-Rush. But the things changed over the course of time. Remarkable improvement during the four years of my collegehood. By the time I was at my final year, I was really an expert(!) and even did pass my wisdom on to poor souls who were like me just a few years back. No more A-Rush while talking to girls. (Bad, eh?)

Do I have this adrenaline rush with my newly started assignments? Absolutely NO.
Probably this is like that 'talking-to-girls' thing. Over the course of time A-Rush got reduced and gone down to zero.

Last time I had a grrrrreat adrenaline rush was when I was standing 160 metre high on a pad just seconds before bungy jumping.
That was awesome

2 comments:

Arasan said...

A-Rush! Thats Interesting to Read. Bungy-Jumping, thats a long pending stuff in my to do list.
Hopefully I should do that this year.

Arasan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.